This practical online workshop will assist front-line workers to
have engaging conversations with consumers while providing
the right support at the right time. This workshop will support
front-line workers to:
• Understand what consumer engagement means;
• Improve their engagement practice with older people and
• Provide practical tips and skills in building trust and
connection with the people they support.
In this online workshop, you will:
• Discuss how to improve your consumer engagement
• Explore how to enhance the independence and well-being of
people through practical case studies
• Identify opportunities for improving how they support
people to have the best lives possible
• Network and share practice ideas with other support
What will you get from attending the workshop
•Practical skills in what consumer engagement means for your
•Access to practical resources that will support you to empower
•Creative ideas to improve engagement practice in working
both with individuals and with consumers across your services.
Support workers, field staff and volunteers
Date: THURSDAY 15 OCTOBER 2020
Time: 10:00N -12:00N
A link will be sent to approved registrations
Facilitator: Carrie Hayter
Cost: FREE FOR INNER WEST CHSP FUNDE
Please register at least 2 WEEKS prior to the training date.
For more information contact the Inner West Sector Support Development Officer on 0408490011 or via email.